- Wilmington, DE
Siegfried is a leading, national Professional Services CPA firm with 18 office locations around the US. We hire exceptional Accounting and Finance professionals to help Fortune 1000 and other large organizations, across all industries, with their most important projects. We provide 5-Star Client service in areas such as IPO Readiness, Accounting Operations, Mergers & Acquisitions, Revenue Recognition & Lease Prep, Budgeting, and, Consolidations to name a few. At the heart of our Firm is our approach to individual leadership and the continual pursuit of helping people grow both personally and professionally. We help People become better Leaders to exponentially improve their Lives!
Siegfried is a unique career choice, offering employees the opportunity to earn a competitive base salary with lucrative performance based incentives, and is committed to helping you invest in YOUR future. We reward our employees for providing superior client service, traveling, assisting with recruiting and business development and more! Additionally, we offer comprehensive benefit plans including healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, an employer 401(k) match, profit sharing, and allowance for professional development, among many other perks!
Reporting to the Revenue Manager – Billing the Billing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that our invoices are created and sent from our system (Workday) accurately and timely. This is a critical role as our Firm’s cash flow is dependent on accurate and timely billing. The role will work collaboratively with various members of our Revenue Team, Business Units, and External Clients to ensure accurate billing. This role will require an analytical thinker, expected and willing to drive continuous improvement who has a commitment to Five Star Client Service.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
See “Key Responsibilities” for detailed description.
- Review SOW documents as needed to ensure that all important information as it pertains to billing is available and accurate.
- Collaborate with Contracts team, Business Units, and other billing analysts to accurately generate and distribute fee invoices to clients and expense invoices to clients bi-weekly and monthly, respectively.
- Ensure retainer, fixed-fee, conversion, and other ad hoc invoices are sent our timely and accurately, with proper approval attached.
- Collaborate with and provide a timely response to internal and external clients on invoice requests, billing inquiries, accrual requests, PO Updates and other items, as needed.
- Prepare for and lead bi-weekly meetings with the business development team to confirm rates for client invoices and resolve any customer invoice issues.
- Recommend enhancements within the system and/or process surrounding fee and expense invoicing, expense entry and time entry
- Review and follow up on missing time entry from our professional resources
- Review and enhancement of process documentation in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Update and more streamline reporting process to implement across the billing team.
- Assist Billing Manager with reporting and analysis of billing metrics and trends.
- Special Projects as required
- Commitment to Five Star Client Service
- 4 Year Degree from Accredited University required
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Strong Excel capabilities
- Ability to work 9-10 hours per day (or an average of 48 to 50 hours per week) consistently throughout the year
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with a high energy level
- Ability to work in a collaborative entrepreneurial environment with demanding and high-quality expectations
- Ability to see the bigger picture and the end-to-end process to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Demonstrate strong work ethic and sound personal character
- Excellent interpersonal skills – strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to assist when needed in other areas of the team
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the overall growth of the Firm
- Entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to the Firm’s vision
- Previous experience on a Revenue team preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience preferred
- Preference for Workday or similar systems experience
- Wilmington, DE