Business Systems Specialist
- Wilmington, DE
- Philadelphia, PA
Are you professional, smart, analytical and charismatic? Do you enjoy development of strategic system solutions, reporting and complex problem solving just as much as talking to people and building great relationships? Are you uniquely committed and driven to make a difference?
The Siegfried Group, LLP is currently looking for a Business Systems Specialist as part of the Information Systems team. Ideally this person would be commutable to our national headquarters based in Wilmington, DE. However, we will consider candidates that are commutable to our Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY offices as well. This position will work with multiple business operations teams to plan, design, develop and implement various strategic business information ERP development and reporting systems to solve complex business issues. They will also develop and maintain strong relationships with multiple teams across the organization. They will be the key Information Systems communication channel to these departments and partner with them to help them achieve their strategic departmental objectives. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have an outgoing personality, consistently demonstrated mental agility, very strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude with a tenacious desire to learn. They should also have a determined work ethic and be confident to tackle new challenges.
Additionally this individual will:
- Identify, develop, automate and implement efficient reporting solutions for crucial business processes and business intelligence initiatives
- Serve as a business liaison to the various departments; solicit requirements, cooperatively develop solutions, and present technology options that would benefit their day to day operations.
- Have an understanding of systems engineering concepts. Improve systems by studying current practices, play point on capturing requirements and designing modifications, perform cost/benefit analysis, and develop a Business Case for implementation.
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Develop and enhance reporting and data visualization while leading innovation as new features become available
- Innovate solutions to enhance the monthly management reporting and analysis process for use by Firm Leadership and Executive Team
- As part of Workday Scrum Team, build out Workday solutions to support our business units.
- Work collaboratively with various teams to report and integrate from/to other systems and data sources
- Provide 5 Star Client Service, as defined by Siegfried, to our internal “clients” to help them achieve their objectives (Operations Team, Market Leadership Team and Professional Resources)
- Execute projects and initiatives in collaboration with the Siegfried IS Project Management Office
- Implement additional systems directives as outlined by supervisor
- Support the other internal operations departments with ad-hoc systems related projects
- Effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Develop Workday product knowledge through different Workday offered training sessions, collaboration with other Workday scrum team members and hands on experience.
- Opportunity to develop agile development methodology skills while working as part of a collaborative scrum team in partnership with our IS team and business unit partners.
- Proactive self-starter with professional maturity and confidence, ability to develop strong relationships within the organization
- Hungry for the next challenge and the next opportunity to learn
- Mental agility to fully understand both the complex business issues and how the solutions being developed will impact those issues
- A strong sense of ownership, accountability and follow-through
- Team player, adaptable, flexible, and able to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong organizational, documentation and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required
- Possess analytical ability and “Big Picture Thinking”
- Four-year MIS, IT or comparable degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a corporate setting
- Advanced MS Excel working knowledge required
- Understanding of programming, scripting, or relational database management systems preferred
- Prior reporting / data visualization development beneficial
- Prior Workday experience preferred but not required
About Siegfried We work alongside financial executives across the nation, on their most important accounting and finance projects. Filled with an innovative spirit and led by an ambitious entrepreneur, we provide unique Leadership Advisory combined with high potential talent. At the heart of our Firm is our approach to individual leadership and the continual pursuit of helping people grow both personally and professionally. We value being fair, having fun and sharing stakeholder value! Visit www.siegfriedgroup.com to learn more.
We help People transform themselves into better Leaders to exponentially improve their Lives!
- Wilmington, DE
- Philadelphia, PA