General Ledger Staff Accountant
- Wilmington, DE
- Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full-Time Employee
Location: Wilmington, DE (preferred) or Philadelphia, PA (with the flexibility to attend in Wilmington as needed)
Hours: 48+ Per Week
The Siegfried Group, LLP is an innovative, growth-oriented firm and is currently looking for a General Ledger Staff Accountant to support the Finance Department. The GL Accountant is responsible for Balance Sheet Account reconciliations, employee expense process and supporting the Assistant Controller with the monthly general ledger close process, which includes preparing journals, reviewing general ledger accounting data for expense lines, accruals, and data analysis. They also play a key role in select special projects, working closely with Siegfried Business Systems and Workday consultants to drive accuracy and efficiency throughout our financial operations.
This role reports to the Accounting Manager and works closely, and collaborates with, the Controller, Financial Operations and key functional leaders and teams. We are looking for an energized, self-starter with critical thinking abilities who can help drive our monthly close process and strengthen key processes.
A career with Siegfried is exciting, rewarding and challenging! In addition to our fun culture and emphasis on helping our employees improve their lives through our personal and professional development program, MY Journey®, we offer competitive compensation packages which includes lucrative bonuses and comprehensive benefit plans including healthcare/dental/vision, paid vacation/sick time, paid holidays, 401k, profit sharing, allowance for professional development and more!
· Completion of the daily accounts payables, monitoring of invoices pending review and approval, ensure timely and accurate payments, proper cutoff of invoices at month-end, ensure accurate coding of the invoices.
· Completion of the daily ad hoc bank transactions
· Assistance with the application of daily cash to clients, primarily checks
· Assist with the review, reconciliation and reporting of the investment portfolio
· Assist with the completion of mid-month and month-end payroll and assistance with the completion of reconciliations impacted
· Completion of the settlement of accounts payable and other ad hoc payments.
· Monitor and further automate the OCR imaging tool. And enhance use of ERP solution.
· Complete daily cash and future cash projections and cash flows
· Assist in pulling together the required information used for year-end tax planning
· Support timely monthly, quarterly, half-year, and year-end financial close, including assigned journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of all operational management accounts.
· Prepare special financial reports as requested by management by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
· Assist with Supplier Management and maintenance.
· Responsible for continuous process improvement in responsible financial transaction streams including but not limited to – elimination of rework, reduction of waste, implementation of tools to drive efficiencies, reduced defects/errors, and improvement of internal controls.
· Assist with the booking, reconciliation, and analysis of investment accounts
· Performs other duties as required or assigned.
o Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field.
o Excellent proficiency in data analysis and Excel.
o Ability to pick up quickly with a continuous goal to learn and develop.
o General accounting and account reconciliation skills with GAAP knowledge.
o Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under pressure.
o Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
o 2+ of relevant work experience.
o Workday, or similar large ERP system, experience.
o Knowledge of sophisticated financial systems.
o Prior month-end close experience within a fast-paced environment requiring judgment and flexibility.
Personal Attributes: · Extraordinary intangible attributes aligned with our High Performance Model
· Commitment to Five Start Client Service and exceeding expectations; exhibits integrity, high energy and enthusiasm
· Detail oriented, adaptable team player who thrives in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment with a desire for personal and professional development
· Demonstrates professional maturity and sound judgment as well as strong work ethic, with an entrepreneurial spirit and commitment to the Firm vision
· Able to work in a collaborative corporate environment with the flexibility and willingness to work on a variety of tasks; Learns quickly, makes an immediate impact, and provides value-added service to our team
About The Siegfried Group, LLP
We work alongside financial executives across the nation, on their most important accounting and finance projects. Filled with an innovative spirit and led by an ambitious entrepreneur, we provide unique Leadership Advisory combined with high potential talent. At the heart of our Firm is our approach to individual leadership and the continual pursuit of helping people grow both personally and
professionally. We value being fair, having fun and sharing stakeholder value! https://www.siegfriedgroup.com/
- Wilmington, DE
- Philadelphia, PA