Senior Associate (Audits/Support)
- Wilmington, DE
Senior Associate (Audits/Support) At The Siegfried Group, LLP
Position Summary/About the Role
- Will focus on a variety of financial, accounting and auditing job duties, including financial statement audits, internal audits, SOX compliance, corporate accounting support, special project management and support.
- Will also prepare and review internal and external financial statements, incl. footnotes and other disclosures.
- As required, may develop and implement process improvement initiatives re: corporate accounting and other financial reporting workstreams; and assist with compilation and review of quarterly and annual SEC filings.
- Perform financial analysis, incl. fluctuation, trend and variance analysis and management commentary.
- Evaluate design and effectiveness of internal controls for SOX compliance, assist in budgeting for audit engagements, perform technical research and other accounting duties as required.
May be assigned to various, unanticipated sites throughout the United States.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
- At least a bachelor’s degree, with major in Accounting or related field
- At least two years in position offered or in a sr. level public auditing role
- Execution of financial statement audits for public and private companies, incl. 10-K and 10-Qs
- Coordinate internal and external departments to perform testing and support
- Guide staff in technical research
- Use of US GAAP
- Non-SEC reporting
- Evaluate and test design and operation of internal control systems
- ASC 805 purchase allocation, ASU 2017-1 business combination vs. asset acquisition
- Variable interest entity determination
- Monitor and maintain budgetary files
We work alongside financial executives across the nation, on their most important accounting and finance projects. Filled with an innovative spirit and led by an ambitious entrepreneur, we provide unique Leadership Advisory combined with high potential talent. At the heart of our Firm is our approach to individual leadership and the continual pursuit of helping people grow both personally and professionally. We value being fair, having fun and sharing stakeholder value!We help People transform themselves into better Leaders to exponentially improve their Lives.
- Wilmington, DE