Tax Planning & Compliance – Senior Associate
- Philadelphia, PA
- Wilmington, DE
Who We Are Looking For
Siegfried Advisory is looking for an exceptionally talented and growth-oriented tax professional to join our team as a Senior Associate to support its Tax Advisory group. We are looking for someone who loves challenges, believes in investing in themselves and their future, and wants to broaden their skillset and enhance their marketability while enhancing their individual leadership.
This group provides value added tax advisory services to its growing group of diverse entrepreneurial clients. This position offers a unique combination of leadership and tax advisory opportunities at one of the nation’s leading CPA firms. This role reports to the leader of our tax team and has high visibility to all executive team members.
Where You’ll Be
You must be commutable to either the Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE office locations at least 2-3 days per week.
What You Will Work On
As a Senior Associate, you will complete tax and financial analysis projects of critical strategic significance for our clients. Over time, the breadth and complexity of your projects will change, but you can expect to work on:
- Develop and leverage emotionally compelling relationships with leaders of future-thinking, entrepreneurial organizations.
- Provide high quality service and support to sophisticated, entrepreneurial business leaders and high net worth individuals.
- Support leaders in the growth of our tax advisory business, with a focus on growing our tax provision practice.
- Provide tax compliance and advisory services to partnerships, corporations and individuals for a variety of middle market and entrepreneurial businesses.
- Manage smaller tax engagements; be a key client contact.
- Devise and implement tax strategies and advise clients regarding the tax impact of those strategies.
- Research and address complicated Tax and Accounting issues.
- Correspond with tax authorities as needed.
- Lead and develop staff through guidance and mentorship.
What You Bring
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a strong commitment to exceed expectations
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments, industries, and roles
- Ability to learn quickly, make an immediate impact, and provide value-added service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to connect and build relationships with people at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Team player with a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in not only their own growth, but that of the company
- Entrepreneurial spirit and belief in the opportunities that Siegfried Advisory offers
- Interest and passion to get involved in other professional experiences such as Business Development and Recruiting
- Strong values and excellent interpersonal skills in line with our High Performance Model
- Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3-6+ years of tax experience with a focus on tax provisions (ASC740)
- CPA, or CPA in process
- Passion for client services
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective written communications skills
- Applicable Technology expertise: MS Office Suite (especially Excel) & various tax software
- Time management skills
- Big 4 experience (preferred)
- MS, Tax (preferred)
- Previous experience serving small to middle market businesses, partnerships and high net worth individuals with their tax needs (preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working at Siegfried Advisory
- We are leaders. Leadership isn’t limited to our management team. It’s something that everyone at Siegfried Advisory embraces and embodies.
- We offer a competitive base salary and lucrative incentive plans. On average over the last 5 years, professionals have earned 30% – 40% of their base salary in incentives.
- We provide comprehensive benefit plans that include health care, dental, vision, paid vacation, sick time, paid holidays, 401k, profit sharing, and more.
- We are growing! You’ll have the opportunity to learn, grow, and experience more when you invest in a career at Siegfried Advisory.
About Siegfried Advisory, LLC
Siegfried Advisory, LLC, an affiliate of The Siegfried Group, LLP, encompasses strategic leadership, financial, transaction, and tax advisory services available to future-thinking entrepreneurial organizations and their leaders looking to further enhance, grow, and evolve their business.
About The Siegfried Group, LLP
Siegfried provides financial executives with a powerful combination of leadership advisory, talent delivery, and financial advisory services. Through this strategic bundle of services, leaders and financial decision makers can better clarify the best path forward and we can assist them with getting important work done right. For more than 30 years, we’ve worked with our clients to deliver more than just success.
We help People transform themselves into better Leaders to exponentially improve their Lives.
- Philadelphia, PA
- Wilmington, DE